Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2 Border Patrol checks, 3 tacos, 5 hours & 6 thousand dollars...

Let me first tell you how cool technology is. I am typing this from the passenger seat of my buddy's car as we are in the middle of nowhere between California & Arizona. My buddy Brian & I left the cool beaches of San Diego this afternoon to head back to Scottsdale for a couple of days to knockout some business at home. I grabbed this cool little wireless device for my Mac & presto - I am connected to the net from the car.

So a few hours into our trip & 2 border patrol checkpoints later we stopped off for some chow in the bustling metropolis of Yuma, AZ. We decided on Mexican food & quickly began our quest to find a local establishment. Locating Mexican food in Arizona & Southern California is typically easier than finding a cab in NYC. Brian suggests the little authentic shack and we pull in.... the sign says open. We stop & I guess they thought the two guys in the Benz S550 were going to rob them or something because they locked the door on us. Not the outside door mind you. They locked the metal inner screen door and told us no thanks. Not to be rejected... we continued our search. Ahh... could it be. We passed a few other little taco shacks ahead of us only to find Taco Bell & Del Taco to be open. Are you kidding me? This is the best that Yuma can do. If you don't know where Yuma sits on the map - look it up. It is one of the closest cities to Mexico in America. Finding Mexican food should be simple. Nonetheless, we select Del Taco & pull in. The 3 tacos we got were to tacos what a White Castle burger is to a hamburger. Ok, I'm "sorta" full...

The highlight of this whole experience is that I am enjoying the freedom I have created for myself. Not to mention that 2 sales today netted what I used to make in 1 month at my corporate job. Even cooler is that members of my Australian team will be joining us for the upcoming Super Saturday in Las Vegas, Nevada in August, as well as the upcoming Liberty Conference in October.

I'll be heading back to San Diego in 2 days. I'll check in soon...

DREAM BIG!!!

Michael Hamburger
Lifestyle Solutions
NotMLM.com
(480) 515-9890

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael, next time you're in Yuma, let us know and we'll send you to some world renowned Mexican Restaurants, that will actually let you in the door...

Greg Hyland
Director of Communications and Public Affairs
City of Yuma