Monday, March 03, 2008

I changed my life 5 years ago today...





Holy smoke... where exactly did the time go? Five years ago today, I made the decision to radically change my life. Let me digress momentarily.

I was like many people, I was working a job & doing pretty good. Life was happening all around me. The telecommunications industry was taking a beating (similar to what is happening in the real estate world now) & I was due a hefty promotion. Both my Vice President & my sales manager got fired to "flatten" out the organization. This means the company was looking to lessen their overhead in order to make greater profits.

Anyway, I get called into my bosses office & he tells me that my promotion was approved. I was given a 33% increase in my responsibility & oh by the way, my compensation was being reduced by 33%. So with my new title & added responsibilities, I was supposed to be happy that I still had my job. Excuse me, how is that a promotion?

In hind site, it is the best thing that ever happened in my career up to that point. It caused me to start thinking outside the traditional box. I was forced to make "big boy" decisions if I wanted big boy results.

I went on a 2 week vacation to clear my head & figure it out. Before I left, I got my resume in front of the players in the field & let them know that I was ready for a change. Leslie & I went to Park City, UT for a 10 day snowboarding trip with her brother & his wife. We were skimping in every area we could. I bought all of our snowboard gear used off eBay (not real smart given the fact that we were freezing the entire trip).

While we were on the trip, I watched Leslie's brother earn over $15,000 in the 1st 4 days of our trip, while we were on vacation. Hello, I am a pretty smart guy... I did start asking him questions. After I heard the business plan, I was in. I made the choice to get started.

I took action on Monday, March 3, 2003. This was the smartest financial decision I have ever made. Within the month, both Leslie & I walked away from our jobs. We were not even married yet. On Monday, March 24, 2003 (day 21) Leslie resigned from her job with Lucas Group. On Monday, March 31, 2003, I resigned from my job with Cincinnati Bell's Broadwing Communications.

Since those pivotal life moments, life has changed from us in a big big way. Within 6 months, we had moved from our hometown of Atlanta, GA to a beach front lifestyle in Santa Monica, CA. After spending a year living on the beach as wealthy beach bums, we decided to start our own family & did not want to raise our child in Los Angeles, CA. We moved to Scottsdale, AZ in September 2004.

We have been afforded the opportunity to travel & see the world. Our 1st trip was extra special, as we were married on a private island in Fiji. We have been all over te planet. Greece, South Africa, Australia, Fiji, Hawaii, Whistler, Mexico, Puerto Rico & several other places.

When our daughter arrived in Feb '07, our lives took on a whole new meaning. We have not missed a single second of our little girl's life. When she start rolling over, I was there. When she started crawling, I was there. When she started talking, I was there. When she recently started walking, I was there. I share this because if I had not made the choices I made in early '03 & then took action, I would have heard all about this from Leslie or some daycare provider over the phone.

Our daughter has more stamps in her passport @ 13 months old then I did @ 30 years old. When I first started our business, I did not want to fly coach anymore... Our daughter has experienced several private chartered flights & first class air travel around the planet.

Here I am typing 5 years later & I am astonished at some of the experiences we have enjoyed. We have been coached by some of the greatest minds on the planet: Bob Proctor of The Secret, Bill Phillips the creator of Body For Life, NY Times best-selling author Andy Andrews, Harvard professor Shawn Achor, Presidential adviser Doug Wead, "Law of Attraction" author Michael Losier, TV personalities Larry Wingett (Big Spender) & Phil Keoghan (The Amazing Race) & countless others.

In a relatively short amount of time, Leslie & I have improved our lives forever. 5 years ago, we lived in an apartment & today we live in an amazing home. We are eternally grateful for all the adversity that propelled us in the direction we are living today.

I am a firm believer that anyone can create massive results in their lives, IF they have the desire to do so.

5 years into this, we have assisted countless people create abundance & prosperity. Many of our team members never have to work again. They continue to do so for sport & fun.

How has your life changed in the past 5 years? Are you living the life you dreamed of? Are you financially free? Are you happy going to work or your business? Are you spending the time you deserve with those in your life that matter most?

Are you ready for a change? Are you looking for a mentor & leader that will coach you all along the way?

If so, let's get started discussing how we can together create a life without limits for you....

DREAM BIG!!!

Michael Hamburger

IncomeExperts.com
Myspace.com/michaelhamburger
My Facebook profile

No comments: